Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Kale 2 Electric Boogaloo, This Time with Garlic

We picked up some kale again this week, although this time it was Russian red kale. I'm really not sure what the difference between regular kale and Russian red kale is, except that Russian red kale looks suspiciously like a kind of lettuce.


While regular kale, if you recall, does not.



Brian pointed this out when he got home that evening, and I swore up and down that I grabbed the bag labeled "kale" at the farm stand. In his defense, this wouldn't have been the first time I mistakenly grabbed the wrong veggie, but I was extra careful this time. "I swear I grabbed the kale. Like there was an arrow pointing to it with the word 'Kale!' With exclamation points and everything."

So we agreed to just cook it as if it were kale, and, lo and behold, it worked. Because it was kale.

To mix things up a little, we did not use bacon this time, but whipped up a delicious garlic butter kale. It also happens to be an Insanely Easy Recipe.



Butter and Garlic Kale:

Ingredients:
Kale
Garlic
Butter
Salt and Pepper

Steps:
1. Melt butter in pan
2. Add minced garlic and kale
3. Sautee, stirring frequently, until kale is wilted
4. Add salt and pepper
5. EAT

2 comments:

  1. I like how many of your recipes are super easy. It's tempting me to actually prepare food.

    ReplyDelete