Friday, June 28, 2013

Cilantro Lime Beans

Cilantro tends to be one of those love-it-or-hate-it kind of foods (which is genetic). As for me, I love cilantro with a passion unseemly between woman and herb, and I am entirely unapologetic about it. If it has cilantro in it, I am on board.

Just look at that. Doesn't that look delicious?

I requested Brian use the cilantro in one of my favorite dishes, Cilantro Lime Beans. Cilantro pairs brilliantly with lime. The two are basically a culinary crime-fighting duo.

This is the only superhero pose I can reliably draw.

This recipe needs to be planned in advance, as the beans generally need to soak overnight, but beyond that it is a very simple recipe. In addition, you get easy meals for the next few days because this recipe keeps well, and makes a lot of leftovers. Lunch the next day? Bowl o' beans. Don't have time to make dinner? No problem, you've got beans!

Cilantro Lime Beans:

Ingredients:
A lot of pinto beans
Cilantro
Lime juice

Steps:
1. Follow the instructions on the bag of dried beans for hydrating your beans. Add a little lime juice and cilantro to the water when you let them soak overnight.
2. Continue to follow cooking directions on bag of beans, adding more lime juice and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment