Thursday, June 27, 2013

Easiest Salad Dressing Ever

Frisee is a kind of lettuce. More specifically, it is a kind of endive. If you look up frisee online, in fact, you will find a lot of information about endive. Upon further investigation, the words chicory and escarole are bandied about, and I even saw a radicchio pop up once or twice. Those are a lot of fancy ways to say "bitter lettuce," and really, they all failed to convince me that I'm not eating a thistle.


To clarify, that was the frisee. This is a thistle:

Thistle by jerbec, on Flickr (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0)

See the difference? Yeah, me neither.

Fancy, gourmet creations using frisee abound. But some days I just can't deal with fancy, gourmet creations. So instead I present to you the easiest salad dressing recipe I have ever used. The tangy-sweet of this dressing balances the bitter flavor of the frisee quite nicely.



Easy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing:



2 comments:

  1. I had the page at just the right point, so I read "Easy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing" and then scrolled...and laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete