Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Insanely Easy Cabbage Recipe

Cabbage is awesome. It's healthy, versatile, and tasty. You can eat it raw, steamed, pickled, sauteed, braised, stewed, and probably about a hundred other ways. It's got all kinds of vitamins in it, apparently, and can sometimes help fight off cancer. Or prevent cancer. One way or the other, it does something bad to cancer.



The head of cabbage we got this week was, in a word, adorable. It is the tiniest head of cabbage I have ever seen, and I would like nothing more than to give it a tiny hug. Actually, that's a lie. I would rather eat it. (Fortunately, I can do both.)



I know this picture does not effectively illustrate the adorableness or tininess of this cabbage. So I will.

Brian has been itching to make stuffed cabbage leaves, but with a cabbage this small, they'd end up being the size of postage stamps, but it's early in the cabbage season, so we'll wait on those until the cabbages have gotten a wee bit bigger. I love a good steamed cabbage, which also happens to be an Insanely Easy Recipe. Perfect for a hectic week.



Steamed Cabbage

1. Wash and chop your cabbage, and toss in a pot with a vegetable steamer and a couple of inches of water in the bottom.
2. Cover the pot and boil until cabbage is tender. Serve hot, with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment